Purpose of Policy
This policy explains how Broughton House collects, uses and discloses personal information
about you when you visit our website (www.broughtonhouse.com) and when you contact us, whether by e-mail, post or telephone, or visiting us in person after using the “contact us” options on the website.
Who is responsible for the website and use of information through it?
Our website www.broughtonhouse.com is operated by Broughton House – Veteran Care Village.
Our principal place of business is: Broughton House, Park Lane, Salford, M7 4JD
In this policy, any references to we, us or our means Broughton House. Where we decide what personal data to collect from or about you and why, such as when it collects contact information from existing or prospective residents for the purposes of providing residential and care home services, we are a data controller and must comply with data protection laws. In respect of this website, we are also data controllers who use personal data obtained through your visit to the Website.
What is personal data?
This Policy explains our use of your “personal data”. Personal data is information which relates
to you and (either on its own or in combination with other information we hold) allows us to
identify you as an individual prospective and/or existing customer or user of our Website and
thus enable us to provide our products and services, or details of them, to you.
What type of information does Broughton House collect and why?
When you visit our Website, we may automatically collect standard internet and website log information and details of patterns about how website visitors behave. The information we may collect includes information about your Internet service provider, your operating system, browser type, domain name, the Internet protocol (IP) address of your computer (or other electronic Internet-enabled device), your access times, the website that referred you to us, the web pages you request and the date and time of those requests. This may allow us to find out which parts of the Website are popular or need changing.
The Website allows you to interact with Broughton House in many ways, including raising resident enquiries, emailing us if you have a question, any feedback, suggestions for us to consider as well as interacting with us through our social media accounts.
We would be happy to interact with you in the ways described above. If so, you can choose to provide us with some personal information described in more detail below. We will then collect that information for our own use and for the purposes described in this Policy.
What type of personal information does Broughton House collect?
Where you choose to provide personal details to us, we may collect the following personal information from you:
- your full name and contact information (address, city, post code, email address and telephone number) (for example if you create an account on the Website or you sign up to receive the Broughton House Newsletter);
- your main address and contact details;
- your postcode and location (to find a particular service in your area ie to find a property);
- details of your enquiry or interest or preference(s) about our services such as one of our care homes or residences;
- records of emails and correspondence with you in relation to such enquiries;
- your contact and marketing preferences;
- your postal address, e-mail address and account log-in password for our Website;
- your responses if you take a survey or interact with us in various other ways (including information about subjects that may interest you);
- details you choose to or agree to provide to us, or make publicly available, such as your social media postings (which may include details of your likes and preferences, other interests and/or browsing and/or buying habits);details about any marketing consents and marketing preferences;
- customer feedback and survey results;
- information you voluntarily submit to us (including through the Website) from time to time as part of user generated content (or through other means);
- information necessary for legal compliance; and/or
- information you choose to share from the Website through other social media outlets where similarly accessed through the Website (including Facebook and Twitter).
How does Broughton House use information about you?
Broughton House may use information about you for purposes described in this Policy or as otherwise explained to you on our Website or when we are dealing with you. This will normally be in order to deal with your request or enquiry, to enter into a contract with you at your request, or to perform our contract with you, as well as in order to comply with our legal obligations and good governance. For example, we may use information about you for the following purposes:
- providing our service(s) to you;
- making an appointment with you to visit our care homes or residences;
- to send you the Broughton House Newsletter;
- to respond and/or deal with your request or enquiry through the Website;
- to administer the Website;
- for internal record keeping (including customer enquiry, deal files, accounting and complaint files);
- to contact you by e-mail or phone for any of the above reasons;
- to provide you with information at your request, or as a result of searches undertaken using the Website;
- undertaking customer service surveys to ensure we continually improve our service(s) to you;
- helping us review, develop and improve the service(s) we offer, for example, to provide us with feedback.
- to communicate with you accordingly, including to provide you with customer and vehicle support, such as notifying you about changes to our service(s), any issues with them and to otherwise communicate with you for example to respond to queries from you;
- responding to and addressing any claims made against us;
- using cookies and traffic data as set out in Clause 3 above;
- to carry out direct marketing to you using the details you have provided (postal address, email and/or telephone calls, messages and/or texts) for similar services with your consent where relevant;
- to provide you with details of our services from time to time, including relevant offers, including by direct marketing by post or as otherwise agreed with you, such as by telephone, email, or otherwise;
- to contact you from time to time to ensure your details on record are correct and up to date and to ensure we have your up to date preferences for marketing and contact;
- where necessary as part of any restructuring of Broughton House or sale of Broughton House Charity, business or assets;
- for compliance with legal, regulatory and other good governance obligations; and
- for the management and administration of insurance claims.
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and may be updated from time to time as business needs and legal requirements dictate. Some of the personal information that Broughton House maintains will be kept in paper files, while other personal information will be included in computerised files and electronic databases as set out in more detail below.
In most cases, the information Broughton House processes about you is required to deal with your enquiry, or required by law, or is necessary for the exercise of Broughton House legitimate business interests and needs.
How long does Broughton House retain my personal data?
Personal information will be retained by us for as long as is reasonably necessary (or as defined under applicable laws and regulations) to provide products and services (including after sales service) to you and to maintain records as required to satisfy tax and other legal or regulatory requirements as well as to protect and defend against claims.
Does Broughton House share personal information with third parties?
Your personal information will only be made available within Broughton House the purposes mentioned above (or as otherwise notified to you from time to time) to staff who properly need to know these details for their functions within Broughton House. Please note that certain individuals who will see your personal information may not be based at Broughton House or in your country (please see below).
Sharing with third parties carrying out services on our behalf
- Your personal information may also be made available to third parties providing relevant services under contract to the Broughton House, such as marketing agencies, auditors, insurers and IT hosting and IT maintenance providers. These companies may use information about you to perform their functions on our behalf.
- The website includes links to third party websites and some of your personal information from your browsing session may be transferred to such third party websites (please see our Cookies Policy for more information). Where links are used on the website to share details with social media, or to use Google maps, details will be shared with that other party and use by them will be subject to their privacy terms. Therefore, Broughton House is not being liable for them or use of your personal data on their websites.
- Sharing with third parties (ie law enforcement and regulatory authorities as required by law)
What choices does Broughton House offer you with regard to direct marketing?
Broughton House may wish to provide you with information about new products, services, promotions and offers, which may be of interest to you. Please note that this will only take place after you have interacted with us (and not because you have simply viewed our website). This communication may occur by e-mail or if you have indicated that you want or prefer to be contacted in additional or other ways, by telephone call or message, post or text/SMS. We will obtain your consent and advise you of how to opt-out of receiving such communications where we are required to do so in accordance with applicable law. You may opt-out of direct marketing activities by using unsubscribe links or details provided eg in marketing emails or by contacting us at our Head Office.
What safeguards are in place to protect your personal information?
While we take efforts to safeguard your personal information which are consistent with relevant laws, the nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee absolutely the security of any personal information you disclose online.
What rights do you have to review and amend personal information?
- You have the right to request that we correct personal data that you believe is incorrect.
- To exercise your rights, or to contact Broughton House in respect of its data processing activities, please contact Catherine Healey Charity Executive Manager.
Keeping you informed
- Broughton House may keep your details on record for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out above and will then endeavour to delete your details in accordance with data protection and other applicable legislation. Please refer to clause 5 above for more information.
Changes to this Policy
- We keep this Policy under regular review. We may change this Policy from time to time by updating this page in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. The date at the end of this Policy will be updated accordingly.
- We encourage you to check the date of this Policy when you visit the Website for any updates or changes. We will notify you of any modified versions of this Policy that might materially affect the way we use or disclose your personal information.
- This Policy only extends to the Website and does not, therefore, extend to your use of, provision of data to and/or collection of data on any website not connected to us to which you may link by using the hypertext links within this website.